What is personal information?
Personal information is information or an opinion, in any form and whether true or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion. Examples include an individual’s name, address, contact number and email address.
Collection of personal information by AF Sourcing
We just gather information you provide to the extent required by the Privacy Act:
- AF Sourcing will not collect personal information about you unless that information is necessary for one or more of our functions or activities
- AF Sourcing will collect personal information only by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive manner
Disclosure of personal information to third parties?
AF Sourcing does not disclose any personal information to third parties unless:
- you have consented to the disclosure of your personal information:
- the use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law; or
- the use or disclosure is otherwise permitted by the Privacy Act (for example, as a necessary part of an investigation of suspected unlawful activity)
How might we contact you?
We may contact you in a variety of ways, including by post, email, SMS, telephone call or facsimile.
We will not send you any commercial electronic messages such as SMSs or emails unless this is permitted by the Spam Act (for example, if we have your express or inferred consent to do so). Any commercial electronic message that we send will identify AF Sourcing as the sender and will include our contact details. The message will also provide an unsubscribe facility. If you do not wish to receive commercial electronic messages from us, please let us know (our contact details are provided at the end of this policy).
Data quality and security
To the extent required by the Privacy Act, AF Sourcing will take reasonable steps to:
- make sure that the personal information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date
- protect the personal information that we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure
- destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for any purpose that is permitted by the Privacy Act
Access and correction of your personal information
Please contact AF Sourcing if you would like to access or correct the personal information that we hold about you. AF Sourcing will generally provide you with access to your personal information, and will take reasonable steps to amend any personal information that is incorrect
Please contact AF Sourcing if you have any queries about the personal information that AF Sourcing holds about you or the way we handle that personal information. AF Sourcing’s contact details for privacy queries are set out below.
AF Sourcing Privacy Contact
Attention: Privacy Officer
PO Box 172
Northgate QLD 4013
PH: 1300 668 069
Please contact the AF Sourcing privacy contact using the above details if you have any concerns or complaints about the manner in which your personal information has been collected or handled by AF Sourcing.